Radio Operations Manager
- Full Time
Cox Media Group Tulsa Radio (KWEN, KWEN-HD2, KRAV, KJSR) has a rare opening for a Radio Operations Manager who will work across our powerhouse radio stations in the Tulsa market.
This role is responsible for providing artistic, creative and professional leadership as Radio Operations Manager for Cox Media Group Tulsa. Cross-functional collaboration will be of paramount importance as this highly-visible role must partner successfully with leadership across CMG Tulsa. This role will lead and manage a high-performing team in the achievement of programming and ratings goals, Digital content, the execution of format, the set-up of music tests & playlists, the hiring and development of on-air talent, syndicated and other special programming, execution of marketing efforts, including programming, research and advertising, oversight of all production elements and the daily operations of the radio programming department and on-air duties and general activities of the Company as Company may from time to time determine.
· Over-sight of entertainment Radio Programming and Promotions for Tulsa
- Maintain and oversight of Radio Programming and Promotions department budgets
- Director responsibilities for KRAV
- Oversight of all station strategic action plans
- Oversight of hiring and coaching of all stations programming staff
- Oversee music scheduling on all stations
- Works collaboratively with Digital team for all stations social media strategy and stations digital efforts
- Oversight of writing and production of all station imaging
- Weekly/quarterly monitoring of all stations
- Oversight and implementation of station marketing and promotions, including cross promotional marketing efforts in partnership with our TV properties
- Oversight of station research projects
- Miscellaneous other duties upon request
- Minimum of five (5) years radio programming experience, as the Program Director
- Computer skills for audio delivery and automations systems, such as Wide Orbit, Maestro, Adobe 3.0 or higher, etc is essential
- Extensive digital experience with station web sites, social media, and mobile
- On-air experience, and experience operating all on-air and production equipment
- Track record of success in ratings methodology
- Track record of success with a personality driven morning show
- Proficiency in interpreting ratings data
- Evidence of proficiency in Digital Content creation/curation
- Firm understanding of all digital platforms, including social media
- Requires excellent communication skills
- Requires good interpersonal skills
- Four (4) year college degree preferred
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.