Studio Audio Engineer/Technician
- Full Time
Job Description:Audio Engineer/WSJ Podcasts
- Maintain high quality standards for studio recordings and field audio
- Support in purchasing and maintenance of audio equipment, technology and studio design in New York and the other WSJ studios
- Create sound designs, either with original compositions or sourced audio content for our podcast suite
- Develop and maintain staff-wide audio database for producers; support audio acquisition, cut tape, record and edit two-way interviews
- Use ProTools to mix and master short and feature-length non-fiction podcasts, both narrative and news
- Train producers on ProTools editing, provide audio editorial input
- Work professionally with growing podcast team to meet tight deadlines
- 5+ yrs audio engineering/sound design experience, preferably in a news- or news-adjacent setting
- Command of studio and post-production tasks, including recording, tape editing, sound design and mixing/mastering; Demonstrated skills in multi-track editing narrative audio productions or film/TV documentary sound mixing in ProTools
- Experience with a range of technologies, including Audio over IP, ISDN and Skype
- Comfortable making studio repairs, ranging from microphones to Comrex units to Telos Xstreams
- Ability to maintain field gear, especially Marantz, MixPre3 and MixPre6 devices
- Calm under pressure, able to switch gears and react to breaking news
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Incredible attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and work independently within a collaborative team environment
- Strong journalistic judgment with a specific eye for fact-checking standards
- Experience with live show recording a plus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17966