Director of Insights
- Full Time
AKA NYC, a full-service global advertising agency specializing in theatrical and non-theatrical entertainment, is in search of a Director of Insights to be a part of its vibrant Insights and Analytics team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of four (4) highly skilled Entertainment Business & Ticketing Operations Analysts, overseeing daily operations and developing the next generation of reports, dashboards, and internal processes and methodologies
- Responsible for overseeing all Insights departmental deliverables and ensuring they include actionable and data-driven recommendations under strict deadlines both internally and for clients across the agency:
- Supervise weekly and ad-hoc sales and digital reporting, deep-dive analyses on industry trends, research projects, projections and forecasting, media attribution, pricing analysis, and inventory management
- Serve as technical data lead by suggesting new ways to organize, analyze, visualize and present information.
- Lead efforts to collect valuable external data points and maintain the agency’s repository of tourism, industry, sales and digital data
- Assist in developing effective campaign strategies using in-depth box office sales & digital analytics analysis
- Manage AKA’s audience research company, “Show & Tell,” to conduct bespoke online surveys and in-person focus groups for client and internal agency initiatives. Oversee qualitative and quantitative research projects from start to finish, including research design, data analysis, report writing and presentation of findings
- Actively participate in new business development, including pitching and nurturing of new and existing client relationships
- Attend internal and client meetings as required to present these sales and media insights
- Seek out opportunities to represent AKA as an analytics-forward agency to the industry, including attending and speaking at conferences.
- Minimum ten years’ experience in a field related to live entertainment ticketing (company management, box office, etc.):
- Knowledge of ticketing software (STAR/Telecharge products, Ticketmaster products, and Audience View)
- Knowledge of Broadway industry and theatre audiences is preferred
- Advanced Excel & Powerpoint skills, plus understanding of statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing raw data, identifying trend drivers, drawing conclusions, and summarizing actionable recommendations and their forecasted outcomes/implications
- A data analyst background capable of owning complex data processes while also being capable of producing insightful business analysis
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to aggregate information and data from multiple sources:
- At least 1-2 years of experience with Tableau or a similar data visualization tool
- At least 1-2 years of experience with Alteryx or a similar ETL tool, or data management
- Familiarity with Web Integration Tools/Automated Marketing Pipline data services such as Improvado.io or Import.io
- Experience with aspects of digital advertising and web analytics (Google Marketing Platform: Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Campaign Manager, etc.), including measurement, attribution and setting KPIs
- Experience managing a team and coordinating efforts across various agency departments
- Possess a “customer service” mentality to ensure the needs of clients and senior management are met in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey and package technical findings in layman’s terms
- BONUS: Experience with Quantitative or Qualitative research analysis and survey design in Qualtrics, Survey Monkey or a similar tool
- BONUS: Experience with statistical analysis software products
- BONUS: Experience with Python and SQL analytical programming languages
Other Duties as Assigned
AKA is a fluid and rapidly changing organization. This position profile reflects the general nature and level of work assigned to the role. It does not restrict management’s right to reassign duties or responsibilities at any time based on business needs if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Director of Insights” in the subject line. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Apply for Director of Insights
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly