Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Temporary Human Resources Assistant will support a number of administrative and project-based initiatives for Springer Nature US, including support of the full employee lifecycle and coordinating the internal file relocation and organization project. The ideal person has an interest in developing a career in Human Resources and will have the opportunity to support our team of HR Managers, Director, and VP in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Support the file consolidation and relocation project, including the review of HR files in our two NYC offices, and helping organize, pack, and store files as required.
- Create, maintain and organize HR employee files and I-9 forms in accordance with employment law requirements and internal records retention policy
- Provide support in recruitment activities, such as posting job openings with various recruitment sources, arranging employment interviews, creating and mailing new hire packets.
- Provide administrative support of employee terminations, to include scheduling exit interviews, creating termination letters and departure notices.
- Assist the US HRIS team with administering and entering data into the Dayforce HRIS system.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum one year of professional-level Human Resources experience required
- Understanding of general HR processes, and experience providing support to the full employee life cycle (e.g. recruiting, on-boarding, termination)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel required; knowledge of PowerPoint a plus
- Must be well-organized with superior attention to detail and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Able to work with a great degree of independence and successfully navigate a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Adheres to strict confidentiality requirements and protection of sensitive HR data
- Strong multi-tasking skills, the ability to function well in a constantly changing environment is essential
- Previous experience working within a global environment preferred
- Experience with ATS systems – Success Factors an advantage
- Experience with Dayforce HRIS
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.