Senior Wellness Editor, Healthline.com
- Full Time
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it's like to work at Healthline Media.
About the Team
You’ll be reporting to Healthline’s Editor-in-Chief and working with other members of the Healthline Editorial team. Our seasoned editors produce, publish, and promote over 1,000 pieces of content every month. To do that they depend on an extended team that includes medical reviewers, designers, illustrators, photo editors, videographers, copy editors, and marketing pros.
About the Role
Healthline is looking for a seasoned senior editor and creative leader to join our topnotch Content team and lead our growing Wellness initiative. As Senior Wellness Editor, you will oversee a staff of 5-8 editors, program a monthly content calendar for Wellness content, collaborate with the Senior Clinical Editor to identify areas of opportunity, help to identify new writers, opinion leaders, and influencers, and work with the Social team to shape brand messaging.
What are your Qualifications
- 5+ years of editorial experience
- 2+ years as a manager or team leader contributing to or driving a multi-vertical content strategy
- 2+ years creating successful and engaging lifestyle content
- 2+ years experience with Nutrition content highly desirable
- A deep understanding of the landscape and an understanding of how to identify pre-trending topics that will appeal to readers
- A passion for health, wellness, and powerful storytelling
- A solid understanding of SEO and social best practices
- An understanding of how to optimize content for success on different platforms
- Experience creating and/or editing a consistent volume of monthly content while meeting budget
- Experience shaping verticals and larger brand experiences
- Understand and empathize with our diverse audience of health seekers
- Develop fresh content ideas for Healthline Wellness that work and thrive across all channels and platforms
- Continue to define the scope, look, and voice of Healthline Wellness
- Infuse Healthline’s brand tone and voice into all content
- Manage and develop 5-8 editors and direct reports
- Foster cross-team collaboration with Clinical, Design, Video, News, Medical Team, and Operations
- Collaborate with Healthline’s Sales team as needed to facilitate RFPs
- Create exceptional, high-performing content in key Wellness verticals including Nutrition, Fitness, and Sexual Health
We Are Excited About You Because You Are
- Passionate about wellness and committed to helping create a stronger, healthier world for every person
- An executor and master problem solver
- A multi-tasker who approaches ‘content creation’ from all angles at once -- as video, as social assets, as on-site content, as a vehicle for brand
- A data-driven geek who likes to experiment, identify successes, and build upon those successes
- Someone who always has one eye on the big picture and one on the details
- You respect and enjoy the process of collaboration
Reasons Why You Should Apply
- You are psyched to tell more/better/different health and wellness stories
- You LOVE the process of creating content
- You like change and evolution
- You are a natural-born leader who respects the role and contributions of every single person
- You like to nurture natural talent
- You want to be a part of leading an amazing content team
This Job May Not Be For You If
- You prefer to work solo
- You prefer strict formulas over experimentation
- You aren’t truly passionate about the world of health
Why You’ll Love Working at Healthline …
- You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and mindset at Healthline - because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world. These are some of the things that are important to us:
- We own our holistic health and are committed to joyful, healthful lives
- We listen, commit to inclusion, and work to empathize with our co-workers and with everyone in pursuit of health and well-being
- We take accountability for our work and our team’s results
- Continuous improvement in our work and our ability to realize our vision requires passion for innovation, a willingness to fail, and the discipline to measure
- New ideas and different perspectives make us better allies for each person who turns to Healthline
- Also, we’ve got cozy canine companions in the SF office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages, one day/week remote option and comprehensive health benefits
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.