The Communications Manager will partner with cross-organizational executive leaders and managers to visually articulate complex business stories and messages to help drive the OTT vision forward. This role requires an expert fusion of executive storytelling, presentation mastery, and a passion for technology. Responsibilities Manage the preparation of clean, compelling and accessible presentations and other documentation for senior leadership in support of the technology team’s ideas, plans, and project updates related to the launch of the NBCU OTT initiativeTranslate complex or abstract technical concepts into simple, easy to understand messages and illustrationsDevelop visual communication toolkits and resources for cross organizational use, such as product roadmaps, timelines and executive updatesCollaborate with senior operations and technology leaders to understand and design custom templates that tell business stories in clean, compelling and relatable waysRemain current in latest technology, design, brand and strategy trends and best practicesOther duties as assignedBasic Qualifications
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant and related work experience
- Exceptional PowerPoint skills & experience preparing presentations, pitches and proposals
- Proven ability to understand complex, abstract concepts and visualize into articulate illustrations
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with business stakeholders and technology teams across all levels of seniority
- Competency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Word and Excel
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Collaborative by nature, enjoys partnering with multi-disciplinary teams to reach common goals
- Ability to excel in ambiguous, dynamic, changing, and extremely challenging environments
- Experience aligning technology to business needs/strategy/objectives/values
- Strong background in storytelling, marketing, strategic thinking, communication and graphic design with in-depth understanding of typography, composition and overall visual development
- Proven ability to develop innovative ideas and drive projects to completion
- Experience working in the technology, media or entertainment industry
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.