Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Nature Research Group a part of Springer Nature is in search for a junior advertising sales representative for its New York Office. As an Account Executive, you will play an important role in the development of our display advertising sales activities. Reporting into the Team Leader, you will work closely with the regional sales team to sell advertising space across our broad portfolio of market-leading print and online scientific and medical publications. Focused on consultative sales techniques and a solutions based approach, you will learn how to build and develop strong sales networks working directly with clients and agencies.
- Responsible for identifying and capitalizing on expansion opportunities within existing and new accounts.
- Understand client needs and requirements to uncover additional opportunities for potential growth in organic revenue.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with internal departments and team members to ensure the successful delivery of services to our customers.
- Canvas territory for new customers and businesses; qualifying new leads to ensure an adequate sales funnel exists to support sales goals.
- Provide regular sales reports that accurately capture sales activity.
- Seek out and communicate meaningful insights from key accounts and the market.
- Foster long-standing customer relationships through high levels of interaction.
- Produce sales/business reports and develop a healthy sales pipeline.
- Maintain CRM database and other systems and provide reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates should have minimum of three years experience in a sales function or sales support role.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Self-motivated and willing to continuously improve client relationship management through pursuit of customer-service excellence.
- Ability to drive new sales and establish business relationships.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Strong personal accountability with track record for delivering on expectations/commitments with focus, perseverance, and tenacity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers
- Clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages.
- Ability to pursue a program of professional growth through an understanding of the sales process and the ability to execute basic sales strategies.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Professional and positive demeanor.
- Energetic, self-starter and contagiously enthusiastic.
- Results oriented, competitive and able to rapidly assimilate information.
- Eager to learn and grow professionally.
- Comfortable with travel (approximately 10%).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.