About the Role
TripSavvy is looking for an eager assistant editor with great editing and reporting chops who is ready to contribute to the continued growth and success of one of the web’s largest travel sites. Duties will range from the day-to-day editorial tasks (assigning, writing, top-editing) to playing a key role in ongoing editorial growth. This is a 6 month contract position based out of our New York office.
About Your Contributions
- Assign and edit content from contributors, ensuring our best practices are adhered to and editorial standards are met.
- Review, update, and rewrite existing content as needed, including production in our CMS and photo research as needed.
- Curate and promote our content through email newsletters and content partnerships.
- Occasionally write and produce new content, including social-friendly travel round-ups and destination-focused evergreen stories.
- Work with existing editorial team to help shape and define editorial strategy.
- 1-3+ years relevant editorial experience, preferably at a digital publication
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong fact-checking and research skills
- Experience working in a content management system and conducting photo research
- Flexible team player with a sense of humor, who’s not afraid to make decisions on the fly and take ownership when needed
- Prior experience covering travel is a big plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.