- Full Time
Future of StoryTelling (FoST)—a passionate community of people from the worlds of media, technology, and communications who are exploring how storytelling is evolving in the digital age—is looking for a seasoned experiential producer to supervise and coordinate various aspects of event and production planning for their 600-person, invitation-only Summit, as well as its ongoing Tech Tastings, salons, installations, and other FoST-produced/curated events throughout the year. Specifically, he or she will be responsible for managing vendor relations, F&B, facility operations, transportation, and other logistics to ensure flawless production execution. The ability to think creatively about new kinds of event formats and contribute ideas to creative experience design is encouraged. Confidence in negotiating and an instinct for competitive pricing are essential. This person should have a demonstratively strong network of event vendors, freelancers, and production assistants, and the competence to scale staffing and build teams as the event dates approach. The Experiential Producer will also work closely with FoST’s curatorial team to help research and program speakers, workshops, performances, and immersive experiences, and to deliver the unique attendee experience and meticulous attention to detail that FoST is known for.
- 5–10 years of experience producing live events, festivals, immersive experiences, and/or conferences.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage teams of 25–30 people.
- Quick problem-solving and decision-making instincts and the ability to work and thrive under pressure.
- Ability to negotiate pricing, secure licenses, and execute contracts and agreements.
- Strong communicator with the ability to liaise between technical crews and creative teams.
- Understanding of relevant safety laws and procedures.
- Ability to prepare production schedule, set clear milestones and deliverables, and effectively delegate to team members.
- An instinct for thinking “big picture” while simultaneously maintaining a meticulous attention to detail.
- Willingness to contribute to creative brainstorms and content discussions.
- Expertise with new media and technologies, and a knack for technical troubleshooting for exhibition production.
- Ability to manage schedules, deadlines, and staffing.
- Strong instincts about what would be insightful, informative, and/or inspirational to FoST attendees and online readers.
- Ability to identify up-and-coming and undiscovered talent and projects that are aligned with FoST’s curatorial focus—those leading the way in AR, AI, VR, wearables, IoT, new interfaces, and beyond.
- Connections to artists in the immersive experience spaces is a definite plus.
If your interest is piqued, please send your résumé and a cover letter explaining why you think this job is a good fit for you. No phone calls please.