Does the idea of influencing the go-to market strategy of a major sports media property excite you? Do you have experience using research and analytics tools to develop actionable insights and deliver effective storytelling? If so, then we at Home Team Sports (the sales unit of FOX Sports that offers advertisers ‘build-your-own’, scalable branding opportunities for TV, mobile, and digital media sponsorship of every MLB, NBA, and NHL home team in the U.S. airing across 50+ Regional Sports Networks) want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a seasoned Director to join our Sales Insights & Strategy (SIS) to support the development of sales-driven research and analytical solutions for our suite of linear and digital media properties. Managing a team of five (1 manager and 4 analysts), you will be responsible for the scoping of projects, execution of analysis, client consulting, management of projects, and presentation of results. You will be expected to proactively source solutions to improve and streamline national and cross platform measurement for RSNs, digital/ social properties, and branded content integrations. You will work closely with key vendors (Nielsen, comScore, etc.) to create research and insights strategies that will deliver on required sales needs, as well as position HTS as an industry leader. As an evangelist for research and insights, you will also be responsible for providing direct to client sales support and participate in client direct presentations, with the goal of driving additional revenue through more robust sales and research stories.
This is a highly visible role that will require you to be extremely collaborative, working cross-functionally across all major departments within HTS, Fox Sports, our RSN partners and all other key stakeholders.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a pivotal role in new business presentations by encouraging the rigor and application of data and analytics to drive insights, actions, and outcomes
- Direct contact with clients and internal partners in developing and implementing new insights and strategies as well as commissioning customized research projects with the goal of increasing efficiency and revenue
- Create measurement plans that are in line with specific client needs and their respective internal KPIs
- Uncover audience and marketplace insights which showcase the value of HTS’s portfolio that can be leveraged in upfront and PR efforts
- Manage day to day operations of the SIS Team, marshalling change through more efficient use of data and analytics to deliver actionable insights for HTS sales teams in NY, LA, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit and senior HTS management
- Stay abreast of industry-wide sports marketing and research-related stories and trends. This will include traveling to industry events as well as maintaining a thought leadership position on behalf of HTS by positioning HTS’s POV in the sports marketing and media ecosystems
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and negotiate with all current and prospective Insights vendors to ensure HTS is getting the most value for its research spend
- Create a culture within the SIS team of open communication and collaboration
- Dedicate an appropriate amount of time and effort for educating and implementing career development/ advancement plans for all SIS team members
- Leverage the entire portfolio of Fox Sports and FNG resources for newer and exciting methods of utilizing data/insights and to collaborate on ideas and projects
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of media or media-related research experience
- A strong understanding of how to leverage cross platform insights to drive sales and marketing decisions
- Sports research and marketing experience at a major research company, league, or media/ digital network is a plus, with strong sports industry experience and contacts being highly valued for this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong presentation and interpersonal skills, and expert analytical and critical thinking skills are required
- Must have a strong understanding of major research vendors and syndicated data tools
- Previous experience or understanding of syndicated ratings solutions from Nielsen, ComScore or other measurement companies and familiarity with branded content, social media, and digital video valuation solutions is strongly preferred
- An understanding of how to leverage and implement digital DMPs and TV/Digital audience activation solutions is a plus