Do you have experience in media research at a rep firm, broadcast TV station, Regional Sports Network or Cable Network? Have you utilized Nielsen rating data methodologies before and want to learn more? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Home Team Sports (HTS) is looking for a Research Analyst to support the development of sales-driven research and analytical solutions for its suite of linear and digital media properties. Utilizing your strong critical thinking skills, you will support the Manager of Sales Insights and Strategy in solving complex problems within today’s media landscape, and building marketplace positioning for HTS’s linear and digital properties. You will also be responsible for providing documentation, analysis and insights to the HTS Sales Team, HTS Senior Management, and the diverse group of RSNs under the purview of HTS. You will focus on the consolidation and presentation of convergent data to craft standard deliverables, build sales-stories, manage ad-hoc sales requests and assist HTS in all business practices. This is an excellent growth opportunity for someone who understands the value of research in crafting effective storytelling on behalf of advertisers.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Retrieve daily Nielsen NSI data across multiple local markets; maintain various NSI team tracks for historical reference, trending & local RSN consumption
- Analyze NSI data for notable trends and distribute NSI data to individual RSNs
- Support each RSN with actionable insights to help drive local revenue
- Review and (Re)-Title daily TV schedules for individual RSNs
- Field and deliver ad hoc analyses to benefit various HTS ad sales initiatives
- Uncover audience and marketplace insights which showcase the value of HTS’s portfolio
- Collaborate with the Ad Sales and Marketing teams by providing campaign performance analysis and custom research support
- Stay abreast of industry wide research-related stories, analyses and trends
- Attend and participate via conversation and inquisitive-mind the weekly NY Sales team meeting
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 1+ years’ experience in Ad Sales Research, preferably at a relevant media company
- General knowledge of media audience measurement and consumer consumption patterns
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as strong presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, plus a working knowledge of the following research systems: Arianna (NSI), National Ad-Intel, Prime Lingo (Scarborough), comScore, MRI, Market Advisor (Kantar), SQAD and other databases/services that HTS may acquire
- Knowledge of Nielsen N-Power and NLTV are a plus
- Familiarity with the professional sports landscape
Home Team Sports (HTS) is a sales unit of FOX Sports that offers advertisers one-stop shopping for TV, mobile, and digital media sponsorship of every MLB, NBA, and NHL team in the U.S., reaching 90+ million homes with its platforms. HTS also has exclusive media in major college conferences including Big Ten, Pac-12, ACC, Big 12 and the Big East. HTS is a complete sports solution featuring branded-content platforms, commercial and program production, events, and custom brand integration in live local sports. All opportunities are available on a local, regional, or national scale. HTS representation includes FOX Sports Regional Networks, NBC SportsNet, AT&T SportsNet, YES, NESN, MASN, Altitude and others.