Director Business Insights
- Full Time
The Director of Business Insights is responsible for leading a team to provide custom analytics for various clients of a4 media. This includes multi-screen reporting and attribution analyses requiring data mining, analytic and visualization skills to derive insights across numerous TV & Digital data sources.
The Director of Business Insights will be expected to work closely with the Sr. Director of Analytics & Insights to lead projects and allocate resources to meet timelines for deliverables. The Director of Business Insights will also drive innovation within the team by applying creative technical approaches to ensure quality and leading-edge reporting and analytics. This position is client facing and the Director will be expected to articulate often complex technical matters to internal and external stakeholders in a clear and concise manner as a subject matter expert. This position will also act as a primary liaison for the a4 Media Sales team as well as other Data Management & Product Development functions within the organization. The Director will be responsible for translating feedback gathered from client exposure in order to develop new analytic product offerings. The Director will also mentor and develop the skills of Managers and Analysts on the team to enhance their career development and build flexibility within the team when managing project workloads.
The Director of Business Insights will be responsible for understanding the business objectives of a4 clients and ultimately analyzing, reporting and presenting findings with actionable insights. To accomplish this, the incumbent must be intimately familiar with both internal and external data sources and how they can be leveraged to help a4 clients achieve their business goals. The Director of Business Insights must also think creatively to lead the Business Insights team and encourage innovation.
Key relationships and contacts are the Sr. Director of Analytics & Insights, Manager of Data Analytics, Data Analysts, Director of Sales (custom analytics), Senior and Junior Account Executives, Sr. Director of Data Management, etc.
- Proven leadership of an analytics team
- Strong analytics and statistics background required
- Minimum 5 years of analytics experience in a professional business setting
- Excellent understanding of data structures and integration approaches
- Previous track record of innovation in analytics
- Strong familiarity with business intelligence and data visualization software
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, Master’s degree a plus
- Proven track record of demonstrating the ability to summarize and present analytic findings
- Previous background in media analytics in a media agency or organization a plus
- Comfortable with communication to audience members across all management levels internally and externally