Director of Pricing & Inventory
- Full Time
The Director, Pricing & Planning will structure and develop the inventory management function for a4 Media, with a primary purpose of maximizing overall inventory value on both TV and Digital platforms. The individual will work closely with the Executive Management team to develop and track rate cards to ensure inventory usage and garner full revenue potential. The critical information and customer insights gained in this role are relevant not only for tactical pricing decisions, but will also be leveraged to influence the strategic direction of the company. Pricing, packaging and schedule building will enable a4 to better serve clients, more effectively monetize assets and realize greater scalability to reach aggressive growth targets. This leader will anticipate and plan highly competitive and strategic pricing and packaging strategies to grow share and achieve revenue and yield goals. This role will also lead data integration efforts of relevant platforms to facilitate dynamic rate card generation across TV and digital inventory informed by market conditions and business objectives.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of existing resources critical to the Pricing & Inventory function for a4 as well as evaluate & recommend additional systems and technologies. Insights will impact client pre, mid and post-campaign analytics.
- In concert with Sales, lead team to develop packages to meet client needs. Build an Enterprise model to deliver and optimize advanced media solutions for clients and AEs.
- Work with Marketing and Client Solutions to communicate the value of these packages and processes internally and to clients. Demonstrate the value of impressions and create packages that meet the needs of our customers by expanding and extending their use of all of our insertable linear networks (National and Local) and day parts as well as digital inventory.
- Prepare sales presentations for opportunities utilizing inventory to maximize revenue.
- Develop and socialize dashboards to optimize the utilization and packaging of inventory for both a4 clients and Altice USA Marketing. Recommend supporting tools and strategies to automate analysis and packaging of inventory. Build the systems to automate and optimize the process.
- Based on analytics, provide insights that drive higher performance in sales, profitability, and service to our clients. Identify pricing and revenue opportunities that improve the customer experience and increase the sellout rate of inventory. Project inventory fill and sellout rates required to achieve revenue goals.
- Leverage sales performance data coupled with utilization metrics, research and industry trends to recommend optimization strategies to maximize performance and revenue on ad placements and positions. Handle forecasting and trend analysis as well as marketplace analysis to create benchmarks, establish inventory and pricing strategy across multiple sales channels and customer segments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or finance-related discipline
- Minimum 10 years progressive multi-platform media analytics leadership experience
- Specific experience with major TV network, agency, advertiser and/or consulting firm preferred
- 10+ years of supervisory/management experience
- Thorough understanding of the key aspects of financial planning and ROI’s
- Strong knowledge of insertion, traffic and billing systems
- Advanced analytical skills
- Proven track record in the design and execution of complex analytical efforts that yield innovative, impactful strategies to enhance client solutions and drive greater revenue
- Must be a strong communicator with ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and drive large scale change
- Previous experience managing and pricing media inventory is required
- Record of success in leading high-performing teams
- Expert time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent project management skills