Part-Time Assignment Editor
- Full Time
WGAL-TV, Hearst Television's NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA is looking for a Part-time Assignment Editor who can gather content, distribute it to the newsroom and create content for digital platforms. We want a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day.
- Listen to multiple police scanners for breaking news situations.
- Keep track of crews in the field and maintain communication with them.
- Gather and organize press releases, emails, phone calls and viewer tips.
- Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news and other content for the station's website, mobile and social media pages.
- Ensure content is posted quickly and accurately across all digital platforms.
- Excellent AP writing skills.
- Knowledge of digital platforms, especially social media. Successful candidate will be required to monitor multiple social media accounts in order to gather content and communicate with news makers.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing preferred.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must have a sense of urgency during breaking news.
- Be able to remain calm and level-headed in a high pressure breaking news and weather environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends and nights.
- College degree in broadcast journalism or related field preferred.
- Military training and experience in related field will be considered.