Program Manager, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The Program Manager will be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of technology focused program that support the D2C product roadmap and business needs. They will manage a portfolio of programs and projects, building and maintaining strong relationships with key business functions and Technology teams, to ensure the delivery of change to a committed cost, time & quality.
This position will report to the Vice President of Technology Delivery, and will work in a highly matrixed structure, managing technology teams across NBC and the wider Comcast group, as well as with multiple areas of the business.
· Build and maintain relationships with the business sponsors, understanding their goals and motivations, and shaping the technology roadmap to meet these business objectives.
· Establish appropriate governance, ensuring key stakeholders are identified and appropriately engaged, and clear decision-making process in place.
· Lead the initiation and shaping phase of the program working closely with architects and analysts, co-ordinate input from business areas and drive the solution definition.
· Build the program delivery team, identifying workstreams and working with resource managers to ensure suitable project and delivery managers are assigned from both local and global technology delivery teams.
· Establish controls within workstreams to ensure accurate status reporting, pro-active risk management and production of robust workstream plans.
· Build and maintain appropriately detailed program plans throughout the life-cycle of the delivery. Ensure change is controlled, dependencies identified and risks & issues managed.
· Define and manage program budgets.
· Regular reporting of status, key milestones and risks & issues. Documentation of critical decisions.
· Ensure quality is considered throughout delivery, ensuring outputs are thoroughly tested, trialed and accepted into support.
· Ensure effective communication both within and external to the program team, and that the team are clear on goals and objectives.
· Regular liaison with resource managers to ensure both resources and roadmap slots are secured and maintained; manage contention with other program and projects.
· Provide support to program team members, acting as first point of escalation and providing assistance and guidance throughout delivery.
· Timely escalation of issues.
· Other duties as assigned
· Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent, background in technology or engineering a significant plus; relevant project or program management qualification.
· At least 7 years’ experience in a program or project role, including 3+ years delivering complex, multi-work stream programs
· Track record of delivery utilizing internal software development teams in an agile environment.
· Broad knowledge of program and project management methodologies and techniques, with a strong financial acumen.
· Demonstratable experience delivering technology change within digital/OTT sector. Good understanding of the global media landscape, and technology’s influence in this.
· Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to tailor to all levels of an organization.
· Strong leadership skills, with the proven ability to coordinate team members across disparate global teams.
· Strong self-starter, able to consistently deliver without requiring significant oversight and direction.
· Strong political acumen, able to tailor style and approach to influence teams and individuals to gain the commitment and performance required to deliver on our promises.
· Pro-active approach to delivery, identifying and neutralizing threats to success; positive approach to addressing conflict.
· Good working understanding of media technology systems; able to have meaningful discussions with technology experts.
· Experience in the product development & delivery process.
· Previous experience working with remote delivery teams, international experience a considerable plus.
· Specialist experience in OTT application delivery, targeted advertising or data & analytics a considerable plus.
· Highly articulate and confident communicator; passionate about delivering successful outcomes and willing to go the extra mile.
· Calm under pressure, able to make quick and rational decisions and maintain the focus of the team.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.