Are you a visual storyteller? Do you have experience working on interactive projects that combine photos, videos, graphics and other media elements? We are looking for a multimedia producer who can creatively tell stories using all of these elements across all of our digital platforms -- so if you answered “yes” to those questions, then we are looking for you! The producer will be part of a national content team in New York and will collaborate with team members to create original content, promote the best content from our stations, and provide guidance and expertise. In addition, the producer will collaborate with reporters and editors at local stations, including award-winning investigative journalists across the country. The multimedia producer willProduce high-quality, shareable multimedia content, including graphics, interactives and other data visualizationsReport and research topics and data for interactives and visualizationsContribute to planning for tentpole projects, social media initiatives and major news eventsFulfill work requests, including content production, photo curation and multimedia consultation.
- At least two years experience as a multimedia producer at a major news organization
- Expertise in visualizing data using out-of-the-box tools and creating them from scratch
- Proficiency with D3
- Proficiency with Excel or other spreadsheet software
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with mapping software such as Carto, Mapbox, QGIS
- Visual design and UX experience
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working with an online publishing tool or content management system
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, political science or English
- Willingness to follow very specific systems and workflow, while also exercising excellent judgment to know when additional measures are needed.
- Must be able to work extended days and weekends when demanded by breaking news or other editorial responsibilities.
- Experience with shooting and editing photos and videos
- Experience with animation or motion graphics using After Effects or similar software
- Illustration experience
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.