Vice President, Client Experience
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The advertising marketplace, through homegrown thought-leadership events hosted and curated by NBCU (NBCU Upfront, Leadership Dinner, NBCU Capabilities Roadshow, etc)The internal Ad Sales team (though Leadership offsites, quarterly Town Halls, National Sales Meeting, etc)
The Vice President, Client Experience will lead NBCUniversal’s developed and curated leadership events and strategic presence at media industry conferences and events. These activations are for both internal and market-facing audiences as well as both nationally and internationally.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Trade Marketing and Corporate Communications, this position will work closely with the NBCUniversal Ad Sales Leadership Team, the Office of the Chairman and the Office of the Presidents to identify, evaluate and execute NBCU’s participation at conferences and events in the US and around the globe, including CES, Cannes, WEF and more. In addition, this role will work closely with the above groups to craft an annual strategy to deliver NBCUniversal Ad Sales priority messaging to two key audiences:
Work closely with NBCU Ad Sales Leadership to determine strategic priorities at each conference/event throughout the yearDevelop and manage relationships with conference/event hostsIdeate compelling events (multiple throughout the year) to demonstrate and deliver on NBCU strategic priorities and brand propositions in an endemic mannerStrategically approach each conference/event with a fresh perspective, identifying opportunities for more bespoke/inviting/engaging executional ideasEvaluate sponsorship opportunities for the NBCU brand(s)Create, identify and secure content opportunities that strategically align with NBCU’s brand propositionCollaborate with NBCU internal creative services regarding NBCU brand representation Identify and secure content opportunities that strategically align with NBCU’s brand propositionSecure and brief potential guest speakers, managing contractual processWork with corporate communications team members to manage marketplace messagingManage external vendor strategic and executional partnersWork with NBCU Corporate Events to plan and execute hospitality details as well as execute on siteCommunicate objectives, strategy and executional details to all Ad Sales Leadership attendees of conferences and events, as well as communicating plans/recaps to overall Ad Sales organizationManage internal relationships with Research, Consumer Marketing, Legal, etcRepresent NBCU Ad Sales with strategic partners (other media companies, vendors, agency partners) while crafting NBCU’s programs at conferences/eventsEstablish and manage individual conference/event and overall annual budgets with NBCU FinanceWork with SVP and the office of the Presidents to strategically set calendar of events for consideration on annual basisCraft POVs to evaluate potential opportunitiesProvide robust recaps post-conference/eventLead team of two Directors, a Specialist and a CRM Database Specialist
• 12-15 years of leadership experience with an ad agency, client or media company sales organization, where the individual was responsible for developing and executing events, presentations, sponsorships, creative and promotions; overall event management, branding efforts and team management.
• Previous experience of national and international advertising industry conferences strongly preferred
• Highly-organized team player and leader
• Robust understanding of media landscape and ad sales organizations
• Ability to interact with senior-level management, internally and externally
• Strong organizational, process, project & event management, analytical and research- related skills
• Strong budget-management skills
• Ability to seamlessly manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Understanding of the creative development process
• Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process and media in general
• Understanding of branding, from Portfolio-level, to Sales Vertical-level to individual property-level
• Meticulous with a keen eye for detail, organization and design
• Highly innovative with positive energy
• Strong interpersonal skills - with the ability to lead and motivate team of direct reports (Directors, Managers, Analysts, Associates and Specialists), interdepartmental teams and influence internal and external clients
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.