VP, Portfolio Integrated Marketing
Location: Los Angeles, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Portfolio Creative Partnerships. The candidate will support and contribute to the development and implementation of integrated ad sales marketing strategies and solutions for brand clients that leverage the NBCUniversal and Sky Media portfolio of local to global properties, products, and strategic partners: multi-network, multi-genre (sports, entertainment, lifestyle, Hispanic), scripted, reality, and multi-platform initiatives. Candidates ideally will have a full-bodied background of agency, brand advertiser, TV and digital experience while providing category-specific knowledge. Ideate and lead cross portfolio marketing and creative solutions for category specific advertising partners Liaison for designated agency portals and internal network verticals Voice to Senior Leadership for cross portfolio vetting, internal buy-ins, and conflict/resolution across assigned verticalsCandidates will be responsible for the following:
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
About NBCU Portfolio Creative Partnerships:
Portfolio Creative Partnerships (PCP) Collaborates, Curates, Creates and Connects all networks and platforms on behalf of advertising sponsors across the NBCUniversal ecosystem. Our integrated marketing solutions span from local to global and typically including 3 or more networks and platforms within the Entertainment, Lifestyle, News, Sports and Hispanic networks, Strategic Partnerships, Universal Pictures, Parks, Comcast and Sky Media.
Duties and Responsibilities
Proactive Solution Development: Collaborate on developing strategically-led creative ideas and campaign program constructions that combine the NBCUniversal portfolio assets into sellable packages for advertisersMarketing Strategy: Liaising with NBCU strategy teams to further define the value proposition of the partnership. Synthesizing brand advertiser client direction, sales strategy, cultural/market trends, and consumer insights into compelling strategic platforms that focus thinking and spark creative ideationProject Management: Oversee project timelines and work streams ensuring timely delivery of RFP responses and other client deliverablesCommunication: Cultivate relationships, gaining trust and respect, and facilitate efficient, transparent communication with internal cross-functional partners: sales, strategy, [vertical] network marketing, strategic partner liaisons, design, research, and content creative.Category expertise: Develop expertise in categories that lend themselves to global activation: Studio, Tech, Travel, Finance (global business health, development of proactive solutions, uncovering potential pre-sale leads)Cross-platform dexterity: ability to develop and communicate ideas that stretch across platforms leveraging them creatively and effectively in service of the idea, the client advertiser, and the consumer (linear, digital, mobile, social, VOD, second-screen, etc.)Pre-sale process: Attend and often lead media/marketing calls with brand advertisers and/or agencies to identify client needs, lead internal briefing sessions of cross-disciplinary teams, and develop response proposals ensuring content ideas are purposeful, on-brand, and on-strategyPost-sale process: Oversee the team during the execution of multi-platform campaign packages sold to brand advertisers by serving as a centralized point of contact and ensuring that all stakeholders are consistently informed and adhering to the terms of the dealVisual storytelling: weaving insights and ideas into compelling, coherent stories using PowerPoint and other desktop design applicationsLiaison with NP vertical colleagues on Programming/Network StrategyPortfolio Ambassador: Educates and informs entire cross portfolio team on all updates regarding their assigned verticals: programs, personnel changes, new products, etc.Oversight of Director or Manager initial presentation draftsExecutor of Process Changes for the team they overseeBack up for team’s proposal overflow.
• 12+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• External candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Willingness to travel and work overtime
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Leans into leadership and all the additional responsibilities affiliated with guiding, teaching and evolving a team in the ever-changing media landscape
• High EQ and CQ (Emotional and Curiosity quotient), culture creator and insatiably curious
• Creative confidence and an ability to contribute ideas in a creative group atmosphere
• Dynamic and effective presentation/public speaking skills.
• New Business experience in a Sales or Marketing functionality
• Experience working in media and/or building cross portfolio / cross platform partnerships
• Proven ability to partner effectively with team members from multiple organizational functions (e.g. sales, strategy, creative, research, production) at varying levels of seniority both internally and with external media agencies and advertisers
• An eye for developing new process among cross-functional stakeholders
• Has high standards for work, excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills plus solid attention to detail
• Team oriented; Ability to effectively take direction and apply learnings to everyday responsibilities; can-do attitude
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and creative writing skills
• Excellence at maintaining diplomacy, composure and effectiveness through written and verbal communication.
• Comfort dealing with ambiguity and learning on the job
• A self-motivator who can take limited direction and produce tangible results tackling problems completely and with total ownership
• Ability to anticipate and accommodate needs, requests, and issues and develop options for paths forward when necessary
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.