Director of Video Production Services
- Full Time
Encyclopædia Britannica is looking for a Director of Video Services who can direct the creation of informative high-impact videos for the consumer market as well as instructional videos correlated to curriculum standards for school markets. The successful candidate will bring strategic thinking and an artistic vision to Britannica video production efforts, working collaboratively across department and specialties, including UX, editors, subject matter experts, script writers, and media staff. This position will also work in partnership with the Marketing Department for branding and promotional product videos.
- Working with stakeholders and the Leadership Team, establish on-brand creative direction that results in beautiful and engaging video content that achieves product goals and enhances Britannica’s reputation for quality and accuracy.
- Manage video team assignments and support, balancing resources (in-house, freelance, vendor, and partners) in order to make deadlines and achieve desired scale.
- Mentor and inspire the video team in the production of quality high-impact videos.
- Manage cross-departmental processes and relationships and collaborate with stakeholders and cross-departmental teams in the production of videos that achieve company goals.
- Collaborate with SMEs, editorial product managers, and media staff on all aspects of video production: storyboarding, scripting, voice talent, sourcing of media and stock footage, music and sound effects, on-screen graphics, and animation—from concept through approvals.
- Maintain branding, typography and other company-related graphics accurately and appropriately in video content.
- Collaborate with team to shoot videos or produce podcasts in an onsite studio or offsite locations.
- Ensure that all stock footage and media used in productions are compliant with copyright holder agreements.
- Identify and help implement workflow improvements.
- Create video and audio content fulfilling all creative, editorial, and production goals.
- Identify and develop KPI’s and metrics for video production, creation, and measurements for success.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least 7–10 years’ experience in shooting and editing video.
- At least 5 years’ management experience including proven project management skills and communication skills at the team and management levels.
- Mastery of video production and editing tools and production equipment, including Adobe CC, and frame.io.
- Ability to do graphic design, motion graphics, and animation for video.
- Knowledge of copyright law and media rights as they pertain to video production and the use of media in video content.
- Solid understanding of commercial web development and distribution practices such as video streaming and services (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.).
- Experience and ongoing interest in video search engine optimization and ranking.
- Ability to analyze and gain insight from video performance metrics. Experience in Google Analytics and HTML5 video a plus.
- Familiarity with working in social platforms.
- Must provide a link to a video portfolio or examples of prior work.
How to Apply:
- Please apply through Media Bistro. Resume with a portfolio link must be attached to your email to be considered.
Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. This policy of non-discrimination and affirmative action applies to all levels of employment and to all employment practices