- Full Time
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
Macmillan Audio seeks a creative and enthusiastic Senior Publicist who is results-driven and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position will handle publicity for our award-winning audiobooks for adults and children, and across all genres. The Senior Publicist will work directly with New York Times bestselling authors securing reviews, features, and interviews for our authors and narrators.
• Create innovative press materials including press releases and pitch letters.
• Develop and maintain relationships with broadcast, print and online media to secure reviews and features.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with publicity and marketing departments across the Macmillan publishing companies.
• Work closely with hardcover publicists to optimize audio edition coverage.
• Coordinate and execute media campaigns and audio-focused events, implement review copy mailings and manage media lists.
• Cultivate and maintain author relationships
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail and superb organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task, determine priorities, and remain cool under pressure
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Cision Media Database.
• Knowledge of Salesforce database a plus
• 4+ years of Public Relations experience
• Book publishing experience a plus
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required