VinePair, the country’s largest wine, beer, and spirits website, is hiring an editorial intern. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic journalist to gain experience in digital media.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing and pitching news posts and articles
- Attending weekly editorial meetings
- Sourcing and cataloging products for tastings
- Assisting with company-wide events (may occur on evenings/weekends)
- Unboxing, breaking down and recycling packaging from sample products
The ideal candidate will be:
- Comfortable working within a close-knit team
- Resourceful and independent (doesn’t require micro-management)
- Enthusiastic about supporting VinePair’s editorial department
- Responsible with alcohol consumption
- Over 21 years of age
The editorial intern will have the opportunity to taste all wines, beers, and spirits opened for tasting panels, making it a great opportunity for those who are looking to learn more about alcohol. Previous writing experience is not required, but is preferred. Bar and restaurant experience is also a bonus!
This internship will take place in VinePair’s NYC office (located near Madison Square Park). Hours can be flexible to accommodate class or work schedules, but the internship must take place during office hours, M-F, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This is a paid internship. College students can also receive credits.
Please be advised you are committing to the equivalent of twelve weeks of full time employment. Interested candidates should send a resume and email/cover letter detailing their experience.