- Full Time
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Professional, smooth on-camera delivery
- Ability to shoot and edit on multiple platforms
- Ability to ad-lib in breaking sports situations
- Thorough understanding of current events and their impact to local market
- Thorough understanding of hyper-local sports
- Thorough understanding of social media and demonstrated ability to move audience between all platforms
- Ability to report/write/produce sports packages
- Excellent communicator with strong community relations skills
- Ability and willingness to implement audience research
- Bachelor Degree
- 3-5 years anchoring & reporting experience
- Physical Requirements
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.