Multi-market Research Director
- Full Time
Hearst Television has an opening for an experienced Research Director based in Des Moines, Iowa. The position will oversee audience measurement for two market-leading stations - KCCI and KETV in Omaha and their associated multicast and digital platforms. This year US News and World Report listed Des Moines as one of the top five most affordable and best cities to live in and Livability.com calls Des Moines a millennial hotspot.
Specifically, you will oversee the audience measurement process and creation of positioning pieces and research-based sales presentations. The ideal candidate will have experience with Nielsen, Marshall Marketing or similar qualitative service, Kantar and Wide Orbit Media Sales. Understanding of digital audience measurement is a plus. This position is actively engaged in providing relevant research and strategic guidance to the stations’ news, programming and creative services departments. The ideal candidate will be analytical, creative and proactive. Regular travel between stations is required.
- The Research Director plays an integral role in the advertising sales department and works closely with station management on projects and marketing initiatives.
- The Research Director is the stations’ conduit for strategic information on the station’s sales, news, digital and programming performance.
- The individual will be an active participant in station activities, including but not limited to presentations to clients, sales meetings, station management, and at full station staff meetings.
- Creating compelling presentations that reinforce the marketing power of all the stations’ media platforms.
- Management of research data in Wide Orbit Media Sales and Nielsen’s online platform.
- Providing monthly ratings reports and analysis after publication of new data.
- Updating sports and specials presentations.
- Providing positioning pieces that help the sales process.
- This position requires the command of various software applications utilizing Nielsen research and other quantitative and qualitative data. Experience with Wide Orbit Media Sales is preferred.
- Prior advertising, marketing and/or broadcast experience preferred.
- A background in consumer and/or media research and related software applications is required.
- Proficiency in Nielsen software, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Marshall Marketing or similar qualitative service, Kantar, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Military experience will be considered.
- Must possess analytical skills plus creativity and expertise in developing compelling presentations.
- Must have command of related software applications
- Solid presentation skills preferred.
- A college degree combined with advertising, marketing or broadcast experience is preferred
- Military training and experience will be considered