Multi-market Research Director
- Full Time
KETV and KCCI have an opening for an experienced Regional Research Director that will analyze all ratings and research information to design compelling stories for our sellers and outside promotion. This is a great opportunity to join one of the broadcast industry’s most respected companies, Hearst Television. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Nielsen software, Marshall Marketing, Kantar and Wide Orbit Media Sales. The ability to translate digital research into meaningful stories to support cost platform sales projects will also be important for this role. This position is actively engaged in providing relevant research and strategic guidance to the stations’ news, programming and creative services departments. The ideal candidate will be analytical, creative and proactive. This position will be located in Omaha, but will require some travel to KCCI in Des Moines, IA as well.
- The ability to create compelling stories that reinforce the marketing power of all of the stations media platforms including digital is essential.
- The Research Director plays an integral role in the advertising sales department and works closely with station management on projects and marketing initiatives
- The candidate will be an active participant in sales, promotional and news activities, including but not limited to presentations to clients, station management, and at full station staff meetings.
- This position requires the command of various software applications utilizing Nielsen research and other quantitative and qualitative data. Experience with Wide Orbit Media Sales (One Domain) is preferred.
- The Research Director is the stations’ conduit for strategic information on the station’s sales, news, web/mobile/digital platforms and programming performance.
- Prior advertising, marketing and/or broadcast experience preferred.
- A background in consumer and/or media research and related software applications is required.
- Proficiency in Nielsen software, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Marshall Marketing, Kantar, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Military experience will be considered.
- Must possess analytical skills, creativity and desktop publishing expertise
- Must have command of related software applications
- Solid presentation skills preferred.
- A college degree combined with advertising, marketing or broadcast experience is preferred
- Military training and experience will be considered