Location: San Antonio, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Production Manager will be responsible for all APC Staff, Editors, manage the studio, plan for remote productions, and support needs of daily newscasts reporting into the Director of Technology.
• Primary job responsibilities include coding and technical execution of local news and programming utilizing the Ross Overdrive Automated Production Control environment
• Supervise and direct the on-air technical staff throughout the broadcast day.
• Weekly scheduling of staff and validation of hours worked by employees/time off within time keeping system.
• Direction of Talent and other production crew members during news productions.
• Cross train, coach and develop Automated Production Control Operators.
• Work closely with the Technology staff to ensure control room and studio equipment is properly maintained and repaired.
• Create, document and implement SOP’s and workflows.
• Implement Disaster Recovery procedures and training that cover Production Control and Newscast.
• Responsible for the ultimate technical quality of all News productions.
• Editing using a non-linear editing system.
• Additional duties as needed/assigned.
• Minimum 3 years, medium to large sized market, local news TD/ Directing experience with Ross Overdrive Production Automation, or similar.
• Experience with advanced production switcher operation and setup, manual and automated graphics play out, robotic camera operation and playback server operations.
• Strong oral /written communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work accurately under pressure and deadlines.
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish oral proficiency.
• Ability to work at the San Antonio, TX station.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Must be willing submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must exhibit strong leadership skills.
• Self-motivated, highly creative.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.