Sr. Director, Project Management, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The Sr. Director of Production will have two key charges:
· Work collaboratively to develop and continuously improve business wide operational and project management processes to create and then maintain a best in class asset production and program management model for NBCUDTC.
· Manage on-going program level activities in support of DTC Launch and Operations including interfacing with key stakeholders in Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Creative Services, Content Strategy, Operations and Supply, PR and sales.
This position will report to the Vice President of PMO within Business Operations and work in a highly matrixed reporting structure across multiple areas of the business. The Sr. Director will also lead a team of Project Managers and Production Coordinators.
· Interface regularly with brand and growth marketing heads as well as other creative/business leaders across the business to establish and align business and promotional priorities and operations
· Develop and implement logistical, budgetary, staffing, and scheduling scenarios to support business and promotional priorities
· Align and surface marketing and channel-wide logistical plans/solutions to senior management as needed to ensure clarity and consistency of vision and process
· Develop and manage transparent financial processes that ensure budget accuracy as well as clear, user-friendly, and regular reporting
· In concert with SVP of Creative Services and partnering with shared service teams and all client teams needing assets, plan, manage, measure and improve the physical production of all promotional materials created for all media platforms related to NBCU DTC
· Oversee and grow a team of project managers and other logistical personnel to accomplish goals, engender investment, and build future leaders
· Ensure an innovative, positive, and solution-oriented environment aimed at always finding a way to support great ideas that will move the brand and business forward
· Negotiate and close both large and small scale deals with advertising agencies, production companies, post-production companies, talent agencies/reps, union paymasters, and other third party providers/managers (interfacing with finance and legal as needed)
· Partner with central production and photo teams to ensure quality and efficient physical production
· Develop and manage laser sharp long term, short term, and project-based scheduling systems
· In concert with key technical personnel and the NOC, spearhead any technical initiatives ensuring state-of-the-art, efficient solutions for marketing related activities
· Lead the charge to identify new creative and production partners who elevate the profile and quality of work produced/
· Represent the PMO and advocate for project management standards and best practices across the business
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum 8 years of TV/Digital Video Related Marketing and Program Management
· Technical/Computer proficiency in Mac environment
· Excellent organization and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
· Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members
· Proven ability to manage global teams with diverse backgrounds
· Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership
· Desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies, and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
· Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
· Ability to synthesize and simplify complex concepts/requirements to the team and stakeholders and tie back to business objectives.
· Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
· Flexibility and the ability to adjust to a rapidly changing media landscape
· Understand deeply all facets/phases of physical and post production
· Strong command of digital marketing production and design, motion graphics, print production, collateral production, and event management
· Have excellent negotiation skills and a mastery of all relevant and up-to-date budgeting and scheduling software
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.