The Social Media Manager is an integral member of the NBC Sports Philadelphia digital content team, whose focus is to increase traffic to our website, app and linear platforms while increasing loyalty with our fans.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Content, the Social Media Manager is responsible for distribution and packaging of all NBCSP content across social platforms. This position also oversees a team of creators who create multi-platform content with a social theme.
This role works closely with the rest of the NBCSP content team across video, written content, linear programming and live event production. The perfect candidate for the role will have experience working well across departments.Responsibilities Manage NBCSP’s social accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and anywhere our audience goes), with an eye toward increasing site referral traffic and fan engagement
Directly manage team of social media employees and ensure consistent deliveryCreate and oversee content creation for website, app consumption that will drive social conversation around Philadelphia teamsDistribute network’s digital and linear content across social media platforms in a compelling, consistent manner to promote and deliver traffic and viewership to other network platformsLead the content team on all things involving multi-platform story distribution and packagingAssist and train talent and other content team members on social media best practicesDevelop methods to integrate social media content with the network’s digital and linear properties, including live game programmingMonitor and track performance of all NBCSP content performance on social platformsWork with marketing, communications and sales departments to ensure consistent branding and messaging and to achieve promotional and sales objectives.Research new technology, tools and trends to consistently enhance social media effectivenessBasic Qualifications
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years of a proven track record managing social media accounts for a major brand
- Experience managing employees or leading the work effort of other team members
- Incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors, especially in a high-paced, pressure packed environment
- Unrivaled knowledge of the Philadelphia sports environment, including the fan conversation
- Extensive understanding of social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any emerging platforms
- Experience with photo editing, social graphics and photography
Experience with SEO and story distribution on non-social platforms is a plusEligibility Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.