Communications Officer for Digital Strategy and Content
- Full Time
The International Budget Partnership (IBP) is currently seeking a Communications Officer for Digital Strategy and Content Development to join our team. The Communications Officer leads the development and implementation of IBP’s digital marketing and communications strategy. The Communications Officer works closely with IBP’s Communications Associate and other members of the Communications team to achieve a more engaged, larger and more influential audience for IBP. In additional to strategy and technical oversight of IBP’s digital properties, the Communications Officer contributes her/his creative talents to conceptualize and create content for various channels.
Why you should be part of our team:
IBP is the global leader working with people and governments to make public budgets transparent and inclusive. We strive to reduce poverty, improve governance, and ensure human rights. For more than 20 years, and with support from the Open Societies, Ford and Gates Foundations, private individuals, and the UK’s Department for International Development, we work with social movements and grassroots organizations, a wide range of networks, and expert researchers to give civil society a voice and inspire action. With democracies around the world under threat, we are at a pivotal moment and need champions for transparency and accountability. Get to know us better.
What you’ll do:
Website management (50%)
- Lead the development and implementation of IBP’s digital marketing and communications strategy, in close collaboration with the Director of Communications, Communications Associate, and Senior Communications Officer (Editorial).
- Oversee website re-design and subsequent maintenance, with support from the IBP Communications Associate and outside developer and design.
- Ensure sufficient functionality for multiple IBP offices, while ensuring adherence to IBP’s brand identity guidelines across all digital platforms.
- Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing and communications, including working closely with IBP communications staff to create effective storytelling platforms.
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to the IBP’s website and employ measurable calls-to-action.
- Conduct regular analysis of digital metrics to inform need for improving the usability, design, content and conversion rates of IBP website.
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Work with Communications Associate to develop and implement a sophisticated communications strategy across relevant social media platforms.
- Coordinate with Senior Communications Officer (Technical) and research program staff to ensure editorial accuracy and standards of quality are met on all IBP social media accounts.
- With support from Communications Associate, lead social media trainings for key IBP staff members.
- Develop and communicate a policy for employee use of social media to promote IBP and its issues.
- Review monthly analytical reports and periodic audits of IBP and “competitor” social media accounts, conducted by the Communications Associate, and report out with recommendations to the entire Communications team.
Other duties (10%)
- Manage online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
- Contribute to written content, formatting ideas, and A/B testing for ongoing communications vehicles (e.g., monthly IBP e-newsletter) and special projects (e.g., communications campaigns).
- Assist in the drafting and formatting of regular and special email products, including monthly IBP e-newsletter.
- Contribute as needed to other department activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications, journalism, or other related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience developing and maintaining websites.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience designing and implementing strategies for social media, mobile outreach and other digital campaigns.
- Experience applying theories, approaches, and tools for communications and marketing to developing and implementing strategic plans for promoting organizations and their work.
- Experience providing technical assistance support and advice to civil society organizations and prior engagement in broad-based advocacy.
- Language skills – fluency in Spanish, French or other languages is a plus.
- Basic understanding or knowledge of public finance fundamentals and issues or economic development desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent English writing and editing skills and the ability to communicate concepts and ideas in a compelling and persuasive manner.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in and contribute to a culture of collaboration and teamwork in a diverse work environment.
- Highly organized and skilled at prioritizing tasks to meet multiple deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package, basic HTML, website content management systems (WordPress), and bulk email software, required; proficiency with other specialist software applications, desirable.
- Integrity, credibility and commitment to and passion for IBP’s mission.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to shifting environments; works well under pressure.
- Motivated to learn and willing to contribute to learning initiatives.
- Team player; collaborates well with people at all levels of an organization.
- Duties are generally carried out in a normal business office environment – i.e., working at a computer while sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- The position supports occasional event or publication preparation which may require lifting or moving of items that weigh up to 30 lbs.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.