Sales Manager (The Townsend Group)
- Full Time
The Townsend Group, a subsidiary of SmithBucklin, is looking for an Sales Manager to join the team in Washington DC. The Townsend Group specializes in national advertising, sponsorship and exhibit sales for associations. This is an exciting and challenging position for a high-energy individual with a keen interest in digital media, print media and in-person events. When you join our team, you'll be part of a group of media professionals who use imagination, solid experience, a winning attitude and a competitive spirit to exceed client expectations.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for selling all advertising vehicles for each association s/he represents to include, but not limited to, print and digital advertising, as well as exhibit/tradeshow booths, and sponsorships
- Accountable for the revenue of assigned association(s)
- Provide creative input on new opportunities (i.e. possible new advertising sales vehicles), editorial suggestions, promotion/marketing suggestions and other ways to increase revenue
- Act as a liaison between association and the rest of the Townsend Group team
- Some oversight of support staff, including account coordinators, who interact with advertisers and clients
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have an interest in new digital media and sales
- You have a positive, upbeat attitude and a high degree of energy
- You exhibit detailed communication and organization skills
- You exhibit the ability to manage own projects as well as work in the team culture
- You have the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 2-4 years of work experience in advertising sales, marketing or related field
- Proven success in lead generation, prospecting for new advertisers and increasing revenue beyond existing business
- Experience working with both clients and agencies and comfort in selling to high-level corporate executives
- Skill and experience using Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hhnzg7kf27dpxqwg