- Full Time
Outside is seeking a full-time editor to work in the Santa Fe office and lead the online Culture section. This editor will assign and edit a wide range of stories, and spearhead the growth of our culture coverage, which encompasses a variety of topics like dating, parenting, media, opinion, race, gender, and sexuality. The ideal candidate is an ambitious editor with diverse interests who is eager to expand the scope of this channel, experiment with new ideas, and recruit new writers to Outside.
- Assign and edit online stories, from short columns to reported features and packages
- Top edit stories for the website
- Contribute ideas across the site, and to online and print packages
- Develop and execute a cohesive vision for our Culture coverage and act as the lead editor for the section
- Manage our regular Culture contributors and recruit new writers and columnists for the channel
- Run a weekly story meeting with energy and a passion to find the best stories
- Work with production, art, and audience development teams to optimize every story
- At least 3 years of editing experience at a national publication
- A passion for expanding the definition of an outdoor lifestyle
- Collaborative, team spirit
- A desire to try out new story formats
- Excitement to bring on new writers and broaden the scope of Outside
This job is based at our office in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico. Remote work candidates will not be considered. To apply, submit both your resume and cover letter.