The Quality Assurance Specialist on the Digital Operations team will be required to use standard industry tools to test development of pending applications and digital product from the NBC Sports Digital team as well as monitor the quality of our live, in production, digital product. These products include NBCSports.com, the NBC Sports Regional Sports Networks (RSN) websites, TelemundoDeportes.com, NBCOlympics.com, Rotoworld.com and all associated mobile and OTT/Connected Device applications.
<ul><li>Create test plans for all existing and new projects
<li>Create and perform standard release regression test verification (per platform) to confirm successful code deployments and mobile store submissions
<li>Manage the creation, updates and status of issues detected during review and reported by other project stakeholders
<li>Utilize the NBC Sports Jira Issue Management System to track and manage requests and issue (bug) status
<li>Assist Project Managers and Release Managers to ensure that all project deliverables are appropriately verified and approved for both distribution for owner verification and for final code deployment/ submission
<li>Review development and production environments for NBCOlympics.com from 100 days out until the completion of the Olympics games on a daily basis
- Minimum two (2) years Quality Assurance process and Quality Assurance management tool experience
- Minimum five (5) years of websites support and web applications experience
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and full software development lifecycle experience with web, mobile, connected device and OTT applications
- Familiarity with current popular Connected Device/OTT (tvOS/Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Xbox One, PS4, etc.)
- Familiarity with applications supporting video/media playback
- Experience with building test plans and coordinating QA/UAT with functional teams
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Scheduled off-hours, support for projects deployment reviews may be required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Familiarity with basic product support a plus
- Highly organized and able to track multiple deliverable and projects
- Ability to adapt/adopt new technology and solutions easily
- Exhibit excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to self-start, self-manage, meet deadlines, and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with Sports is a plus
- Familiarity with both Manual and automated testing
- Have a passion for digital media platforms and entertainment industries
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.