4 days left
- Full Time
Editor, reporting to Group Editorial Director
Skyhorse Publishing, one of the fastest growing independent publishers in America, is seeking a team-oriented candidate to work in our editorial department in our midtown Manhattan office.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to grow in this industry. We offer competitive compensation including health, dental, vision, and 401(k) benefit plans.
As an Editor, you will be responsible for acquiring, editing, and shepherding exciting, rush projects to meet the demands of trending topics. We are uniquely poised to publish on abbreviated timelines and anticipate the needs of our readers.
Responsibilities may include:
- Acquire titles with strong sales potential, working directly with agents and authors to negotiate contracts, with guidance from the Editorial Director
- Prepare catalog copy, metadata, and cover design forms for each title
- Shepherd titles from manuscript to bound book and liaise with authors, agents, production, art, sales, and publicity to ensure timely and successful publication of each title
- Assist the Editorial Director in creating and preparing for sales presentations, or deliver sales presentations
- Work to develop and maintain relationships with agents to acquire new titles
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing or related field
- 3+ years of editorial experience at a book publishing company, preferably at a larger house
- 2+ years of experience acquiring books
- Passion for history, politics, and related subjects
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, flexible, and well organized
- Positive attitude/team player, maintains professional composure under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Immediate availability preferred
To apply, please email with resume, position applying for in the subject line, and cover letter listing your salary requirements. Applications missing salary requirements WILL NOT be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, but we will only respond to those candidates we wish to pursue.
For more on Skyhorse Publishing, please visit www.skyhorsepublishing.com and follow us on Twitter (@skyhorsepub) and Facebook.
Skyhorse Publishing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply for Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly