Associate Director, Marketing - Donor Campaigns
- Full Time
Associate Director, Marketing – Donor Campaigns
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus — thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today — we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 150 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
As a member of the Foundation's Marketing team, the Associate Director of Marketing will develop and manage digital and non-digital marketing and fundraising activity to meet revenue goals. This will include collaborating with the Communications team to create and implement promotional plans that grow our audience, drive fundraising efforts and inspire prospects and donors to support the Foundation's mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and oversee a comprehensive fundraising plan and appeal schedule for donor solicitation series, including year-end campaign
- Re-envision Giving Tuesday, Year-end and other large, timely campaigns with anticipated year-over-year revenue growth
- Build cross-channel (including online and offline channels) campaigns to increase revenue
- Develop and execute strategies targeting donor retention, upgrades and new donors
- Help manage forecast for revenue line by channel
- Work with analytics team to establish KPIs, measure progress of campaigns and report to internal stakeholders
- Prepare progress reports and updates
- Maintain Annual Giving web presence and work with internal teams to build opportunities for annual giving to be incorporated in digital spaces
- Work with various stakeholder teams, including CRM, to ensure collection of data points critical to increasing non-digital fundraising reach (e.g., addresses)
- Work with key internal and cross-departmental partners to enhance engagement, solicitation, and stewardship efforts
- Manage Annual Giving budget and explore new strategies to maximize dollars and donors
- Campaigns may include but are not limited to: mass market, local and grassroots efforts, estate planning, seasonal and annual appeals.
- Candidates should have 5-7 years demonstrated experience in marketing
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and communications skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to work with others in a goal and action-oriented manner
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship-building for the organization
- Results-oriented and a passion for creativity
- Dedication to customer service in all interaction, understanding and experience in volunteer environment
- Effective decision making with a high level of personal integrity and professionalism
- Experience in media planning and buying a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business, journalism or related field
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.