Social Media Executive, Brand Strategy
- Full Time
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
If you’re looking to join a dynamic team that sits at the intersection of strategy and creative, if you want to use your smarts and your energy for social good, if you thrive being where the action is, and if you love working with (dare we say it) smart, fun people, then keep reading. Because UJA is hiring a social media executive, and maybe you’re a match. Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Serve as an integral part of the Brand team to develop and aggressively grow UJA-Federation’s social media and digital marketing presence to increase brand affinity and engagement and grow our base of participation.
- Work with people across every facet of the organization — fundraisers, marketers, designers, web developers, our nonprofit partners, and other grantees.
- Work on UJA’s day-to-day social media presence, creating posts, monitoring, replying, curating content, creating imagery, supporting social media coverage at events, and implementing and monitoring our social media advertising.
- Serve as a key player in executing larger brand campaigns across social, from assisting in creative development to providing critical support like back-end logistics and working with third-party vendors and other relevant colleagues.
We’ll talk about what you’ll bring to this role in a minute, but two things to know before you read any further: You need to have experience managing numerous social media channels – such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn – on behalf of a brand.
You also need to be detail oriented, organized, creative, and up-to-date on industry trends, and of course, you absolutely thrive in a fast-paced work environment (in other words, you can roll with chaos when it strikes).
You’ll report to the associate director, Social Media.
What you’ll do in this role (aka Responsibilities)
- Digital Advertising on Social and Metrics/Evaluation: Implement a robust social media ad strategy across multiple audience verticals. This includes rigorous (weekly) evaluation of all paid media campaigns across all audience segments, as well as providing insight and analysis.
- Event strategy: Develop and implement sophisticated, hyper-targeted strategies to help with recruitment for UJA’s events and follow up across multiple divisions with performance metrics. This includes attending a portion of events after work to post and cover in real time.
- Trendwatching: Research new trends, emerging channels, and best practices in social media that can be used to drive awareness and engagement. Keep pace with the dynamic platforms and their evolving offerings to optimize our social media presence for each audience segment. Leverage and extend current programs and best practices to accelerate program performance and identify new opportunities.
- Agency strategy: Regularly highlight the work of our nonprofit partners across our network, pushing new content, teasing out stories, collecting images, and curating selection.
- Influencer strategy: Assist in development of strategy and lead implementation in conjunction with head of social media.
- Platform management: Manage multiple platforms day to day, including drafting posts, monitoring, replying, regularly communicating with internal partners, serving as internal social media ambassador, and creating imagery.
- Vendor Management: Assist head of social media with relevant vendor relationships for different platforms and digital technologies to achieve performance targets and objectives.
- Cross-organization collaboration: Collaborate with PR, marketing, design, development, caring, IT, and operations teams to help develop and execute high-impact programs and content that integrate with multichannel marketing strategy.
What you’ll bring to this role (aka Qualifications)
- 3 – 5 years of marketing experience, with a track record of delivering results through idea generation and execution
- Driven, positive team player with excellent collaboration skills and strong oral and written communication skills
- Expertise and proven success managing a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Experience with social media analytics and reporting
- Ability to both independently design social media visuals and work with internal creative team on imagery; Photoshop skills a plus
- Strong data-analysis skills with ability to extract insights to drive program performance; familiarity with performance metrics and ROI analysis
- A passion for online marketing with a strategic, results-oriented approach
- Hands-on experience managing campaigns across multiple social media channels to achieve campaign goals
- Highly creative and entrepreneurial in concept development; focused and disciplined in execution
- Ability to move with agility and roll with chaos, at times
- A good sense of humor and a light-hearted attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
And just for good measure … here’s what your awesome predecessor had to say about her role:
“The last three years here have been truly incredible, as I’ve learned so much and am so lucky to have been able to work alongside my fantastic team! I always tell people that I sincerely believe I had the best job at UJA — I was able to work with a range of people in every department, was kept in the loop on everything happening both internally and externally, attended some of the most interesting events, and got to know and share the impact of our work and success stories from partners, all while being encouraged to be as creative and strategic as possible in everything I did. Every day was an adventure and an experience I will always treasure. Thank you for the opportunity to be part of it!”
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board