- Full Time
• Develop and manage revenue producing relationships with direct clients and agencies
• Prospect for direct new business (broadcast and digital) and build a full pipeline of sales prospects
• Conduct client needs analyses (CNA) to determine clients marketing goals and develop a strategy to achieve them
• Oversee campaign execution and analysis
• Provide consultation to sales managers, sales teams, and clients
• Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
• Develop and maintain accounts through all stages of the selling process, from prospecting through the close, and follow-up to ensure repeated sales activity
• Research, identify and develop new prospects for both traditional broadcast TV and digital ad sales
• Work as part of a sales team through consistent communication, sharing of ideas and industry information and active participation in team meetings
• Create and use promotions/marketing opportunities to generate incremental and new revenue
• Work cohesively with the sales team, traffic and production departments to maximize revenues, while following processes conducive to a smooth work flow
• Stay abreast of industry trends through various sources
• Successfully complete other related tasks and/or projects as needed
Qualifications:• Proven track record of sales success in a local media setting
• BA/BS degree with a minimum of two years of media sales, account management or buying experience preferred
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
• Some travel necessary
• Valid driver's license with good driving record required
• Must have good working knowledge of ratings, BAR reports, etc.
• Co-op and vendor support knowledge helpful
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.