Senior Analyst, Digital Media
- Full Time
Role: Senior Analyst, Digital Media
Reports to: CMO
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5 million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard and we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
This is your opportunity to spearhead the strategy and plan to grow our membership base across our brand channels. You will play a key role in galvanizing and growing DoSomething.org’s 5 million global members, ages 13 - 25, to take action on causes ranging from poverty and homelessness, to education and mental health, to literally any cause that affects young people and their communities.
- Strategic Planning & Reporting. (60%) You’ll set and oversee the day-to-day strategic management of our media plan and various parts of membership KPIs, including growth forecasting, tracking, and pivoting on these goals.
- Messaging ownership. (20%) You’ll oversee our brand and campaign messaging and growth strategy for our email and SMS channels. You’ll also focus on keeping our existing membership engaged while developing ways to onboard new members and understand how to use email and SMS to effectively increase member retention.
- Trends and Analysis. (10%) You’ll analyze trends, performance, and effectiveness of web, SMS and email traffic, then make strategic recommendations for future execution. You’ll understand best practices and emerging trends in messaging space, and incorporate market research into your recommendations (obviously).
- Team Organization & Leadership. (10%) You’ll set the standard for the messaging team. Whether you’re maintaining an SMS calendar, forecasting monthly budgets, copywriting content, or negotiating a contract with a new vendor, you’ll hold yourself and your work to a high standard and emulate best practices for your direct reports and teammates. You’ll also work cross-functionally with people like our Director of Marketing and Product team to identify new sources of traffic and member growth opportunities.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in email and/or mobile marketing. Prior experience with growth marketing is a plus.
- 2+ years of people management, with a passion for growing and developing talent you manage directly and indirectly.
- Proven expertise in using data and analytics to develop strategies and form action plans.
- Strong data and analytics skills, understanding of paid media landscape.
- Knowledge of SEO strategies and best practices is a plus.
- Strategic thought leadership and strong communication skills with a comfort in crafting and delivering presentations - this role will present often, and will hold a high standard for our expertise in this arena.
- Problem-solving skills to create company-wide solutions and then effectively implement change. Perceptive, persuasive, and thoughtful in their approach to implementation.
- Both a big-picture thinker (strategic vision!) but also highly detailed oriented (execution!).
- Strong project management and organizational skills and highly organized. We’re messaging millions of young people across every area code in the US and segmenting across multiple subgroups. Things get complicated fast.
Select Perks & Benefits.
- 3 weeks' vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s (and Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day -- office closes at 1:30), fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, and occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday.
- 100% medical and dental premiums covered. Yep, you read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have tea, if that’s more your thing.
- DoSomething is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
Please, no calls.