- Full Time
Cheddar is a live Post Cable Network focused on covering the most innovative products, technologies, and services transforming our lives. Our mission is to provide information and utility on the platforms that matter for our users. Cheddar has two live broadcast networks across many platforms, including Sling, DirecTV Now, and Samsung TVPlus.
In June 2019, Cheddar was acquired by Altice USA, which not only broadened our news portfolio to include News12 and i24, but it opened Cheddar up to a new world of data-driven advertising opportunities (via a4) across even more platforms including linear TV. Cheddar now has the ability to target specific household audiences across all screens. Cheddar’s team is growing, our products are diversifying, and infrastructure is becoming more complex - at an extremely fast pace.
The Transmission Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, scheduling and technical set up of live and studio remotes across multiple live news networks.
• Manage all live video acquisition for live shows as well as remote field production/shoots.
• Day of air coordination of all Studio and Remote broadcast transmissions including prompter/return video routing, IFB routing and remote feed check-in.
• Perform technical evaluation and audio/video adjustments to all incoming signals.
• The scheduling and coordination of on-air talent/reporters, transmission service providers, satellite, and fiber vendors.
• Troubleshooting any issues pertaining to the streaming delivery of Cheddar programming to social platforms such as Facebook Live and Twitch, etc.
• Scheduling of transmission facilities for all Cheddar Studio, Remote, Production, and Assignment Desk events.
• Work closely with the assignment desk managers across the Altice USA News division.
• Requires proven experience in live-to-air television and/or remote field operations, with responsibility for audio/video/data quality and continuity.
• Hands-on experience setting-up and operating broadcast facility hardware such as RTS intercom matrix systems, router control panels, video frame-syncs, software/hardware encoders, and video ingest systems.
• Understanding of signal flow and the analog and digital forms of standard and high definition video and audio.
• Proficiency in operating video/audio and data test equipment such as waveform monitors, vectorscopes, audio monitors and spectrum analyzers
• Experience in AP ENPS is preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a live production/broadcast environment.
• Self-managing individual with good interpersonal and communication skills, able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
• Must be a passionate television/video professional with a good eye for improving the technical quality of content.
• Position requires ability to quickly diagnose and resolve RF, satellite, and fiber technical issues to maintain air operations.
• Strong communication skills, oral and written, to document and report technical matters.
• Technical education preferred.
• Must be willing to work occasional weekends.