The A-1 Audio Operator works in Technical Production and is responsible for proficiently mixing very high-quality audio (5.1 surround sound) for live or live to tape Entertainment, Talk, Sports, News Magazine, Network News, Digital Internet and mobile oriented television programming. This person will also operate as a Pro-Tools Operator that will provide basic audio editing and mixing services.
Setup, check and ensure all microphones, audio and media playback are adjusted for proper VU levels with correct enhanced equalization techniquesMaintain acceptable short form Target Loudness levels (-24 LKFS)Setup IFB mix minus and Telos Systems for live shots and telephone call-insExecute signal processing with Waves Soundgrid systems and external Digital Effects ProcessorLoad parcel saves for RTS panels using AZ Edit communication software
Coordinate all RF/Wireless equipment (i.e. microphones, IFB and PL) as well as all studio foldback, PA & Live Sound Performance with the studio Audio Assistant (A2).Pro-Tools Operator that will provide basic audio editing and mixing servicesPerform additional audio duties, such as serving as A-2 Studio Audio Assistant and/or remote audio ENGTrain new Audio Operators (A1) & Audio Assistants (A2)Provide immediate solutions in the event of equipment failure or other audio problems
Consistently achieve client satisfaction by ensuring that creative goals are met
• Bachelor’s degree in Audio Engineering, Communications, Television Production or related field. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
• Minimum 4yrs of audio experience in a live television environment including news, talk, entertainment and sports programming or live audio applications
• Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology
• Strong knowledge of front of house and monitor mixing.
• Studio and remote production experience
• Operational knowledge of Digital and Analog broadcast audio consoles (especially LAWO) and peripheral equipment including network broadcast A/V digital routers.
• Proficient in Avid iNEWS software or similar NRCS (ENPS, Dalet, Inception, etc.)
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Studio and live remote production experience
• Ability to multi-task and react quickly during daily broadcasts.
• Understanding and ability to work in conjunction with automated control rooms.
• Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.