Set Dressing Coordinator
Location: Miami, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Interprets and breaks down script within the context of props and set design for daily production planningProvides props in designated locations/sets for the following day as instructed in the script or by the Set/Props Designer Manager and/or DirectorAssists and provides guidance to the Props Assistants in the assembly of temporary or basic sets and makes corrections as neededActs as the liaison between the production crew and the Director and/or Set Dressing Manager during exterior setsResponsible for ensuring the proper maintenance and placement of props and setsEnsures that all work is done under the technical guidelines and operations procedures of Telemundo Studios’ infrastructure and adheres to EHS/OSHA regulations and proceduresFollows policies, applicable laws, and regulations to protect his/her own health and safety as well as that of other workers, the public, and the environmentPresents ideas that support EHS goals and policies to your business or EHS leaderRaises concerns about possible violations of EHS policies to your manager, business and EHS LeaderWorks under the direct supervision of the Set Props Designer/Manager and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
The Set Dressing Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the implementation of the visual concept that was originally developed by the Set/Props Designer Manager for the novela/soap opera.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in the production of novelas/soap operas
• Ability to use hand tools
• Knowledgeable in the areas of carpentry and painting
• Basic knowledge of interior design
• Exhibits an understanding of developing props and sets as instructed
• Ability to lift over 10 lbs of item(s) used in props and/or sets
• Must be able to perform physical activities required of this position which includes, but is not limited to, climbing, lifting, balancing stooping, and handling of materials.
• Basic knowledge in the safe and proper installation of electrical equipment
• Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish (both written and verbal)
• Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Bilingual candidates with a fluency in English and Spanish (speak, read, and write) are strongly preferred
• Exhibits leadership and supervisory skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.