Penguin Random House Publisher Services is looking for an Assistant Production Manager to work on a line of award-winning Japanese graphic novels. This role would report into the Associate Director of Publishing Operations and would work closely with the team to keep client titles on schedule.
• Create and maintain print production schedules for a growing list of manga titles
• Create print purchase orders, send print-ready files to vendors, and manage the flow of both cover and interior proofs to and from the printer
• Work with Editorial team to provide revised printer files, and to give final approval on all print materials
• Request ISBNs from client and set up contributor and series records for new titles
• Input on-sale and warehouse dates, titles, and general metadata to title load form
• Request quotes from domestic and international printers
• Solve problems when they arise, and create processes that prevent them from occurring the future
• Other departmental duties as assigned
• A minimum of 3 years previous book publishing experience, with a focus on both 1 and 4-color print production
• Experience with Excel, working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with FileMaker and SAP preferredPenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.