Sales Assistant – Random House Adult Sales
Are you looking for an exciting position in a fast-paced work environment? Are you interested in books and learning more about the book-selling process?
The Random House Adult Sales division is seeking a Sales Assistant to support the National Accounts team in their sales efforts with Barnes & Noble. Specifically, this team is responsible for selling titles across a wide variety of imprints including Ballantine, Bantam Dell, Random House, Crown Archetype, Broadway, Clarkson Potter, Ten Speed, Waterbrook/Multnomah and more.
This position will get the chance to see first-hand the ins and outs of working with a key customer on both physical and digital sales.
Specifically, the Sales Assistant:
* Prepares sales materials such as Edelweiss collections and sales kits.
* Regularly tracks and analyzes sales data.
* Creates seasonal presentations.
* Communicates with various internal departments to place and track sales orders.
* Provides general administrative support for the department and department head, including mailing review copies and managing the co-op merchandising process for the team.
Minimum qualifications include:
* Strong interest in a sales position with a publishing company
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Ability to juggle and prioritize projects while working under deadlines
* Possesses solid analytical and critical thinking skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be comfortable working with numbers
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word; PowerPoint proficiency is a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.