Project Manager, Design Services
- Full Time
The New York Philharmonic seeks a Project Manager, Design Services to facilitate the production process of a wide range of creative assets created by in-house designers and third-party agencies. The role will sit within the Design Services department within Marketing and Brand reporting to the Associate Director of Design Services working closely with the Production Designer, Junior Production Designer, Marketing, and other departments. This role will also collaborate with third party vendors to ensure assets are delivered on time, within scope and budget, and consistent with brand standards and creative direction.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage orderly trafficking of creative projects from initial scoping and development to delivery and production of final assets.
- Support the Associate Director, Design Services in managing the workflow of the in-house design team as well as outside agencies. Help to ensure efficient and quality production of materials.
- Act as the initial creative reviewer, assessing quality assurance of designs and ensure standards and goals are met.
- Support the Associate Director, Design Services in the creation and maintenance of project timelines. Assist in the creation of overall season production schedule for long-term production planning and strategy.
- Keep internal status documents updated daily to keep team informed on project progress and next steps. Update relevant parties on status of ongoing projects.
- Act as a point-person to the mailhouse for our robust direct mail campaigns to create timelines, assure quality asset delivery, advise on USPS guidelines, and oversee the general production process. Work closely with vendors to build budget estimates and guidelines.
- Maintain internal file organization for ongoing and completed materials.
- Work closely with key stakeholders on asset collection and filing.
- Process vendor invoices and distribute to proper departments accordingly.
- Communicate with printers and other outside vendors to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of materials. Assure timely delivery and high-quality deliverables.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and 2 – 5 years’ experience in creative production project management. Experience working within arts organizations or agency settings is a plus. The candidate should have exceptional abilities to multitask under tight deadlines. Candidate should be a creative thinker and problem solver and is encouraged to offer solutions to current and developing processes within the Design Services department. Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a collaborative attitude are a must.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.