Senior Manager, Creative Services
- Full Time
• Build, lead, coach and motivate a cross-discipline team of digitally oriented and highly experienced creative talent. The director will be successful in recruiting and retaining top talent, creating an environment where they are able to excel and produce great work.
• Provide thought leadership at the strategic level and in customer-facing settings. The director must have a positive executive presence, strong interpersonal skills and be able to effectively translate strategy into big conceptual ideas, creative concepts and compelling campaigns.
• Build a visual library of creative assets including case studies, presentations, recaps, photography, etc. that develop and create a consistent sales/brand identity.
• Partner with technology team for ensuring to ensure ad platforms and systems support sales and advertiser experience.
• Network with advertising creative peers, outside media organizations and design professionals to stay on the cutting edge of the creative environment and mobile space and to learn from best practices/case studies, etc.
• Develop creative direction and deliver high quality, innovative, on-target B2B materials that position, promote and sell the AJC portfolio and audience value. Responsible for customer facing B2B collateral (including sales tool kit materials, microsites, proof-of-benefit/campaign wrap ups, etc.)
• Develop high quality integrated digital advertising campaigns for select AJC accounts and prospects to fully leverage sales opportunities for Owned and Operated media placements.
• Provide creative services for native sponsorship campaigns throughout process (buy-in, execution/optimization) with scope including creative briefs and budget/resource management.
• Develop a comprehensive project management process and system to successfully track and prioritize multiple job schedules to ensure client demands and deadlines are met
• Serve as art director for revenue projects working collaboratively with sales leaders and account executives to develop the presentation/staging, collateral packaging, sponsorship decks, etc.
• Seize topical and opportunistic moments and quickly execute creative needs necessary to launch B2B digital campaigns (organic and paid social campaigns, video etc.)
• Oversee relationships with external partners including ad production vendor to ensure quality, timeliness, cost efficiency and customer satisfaction. Manage freelance resources to supplement internal team where required.
• Continue to build and shape creative expertise in-house that will support the AJC’s long-term strategy and revenue growth plans.
• Develop high quality creative to and employee awards and recognition initiatives (Presidents Circle, OTP, etc.). May be requested to assist with creative support for non-sales projects such as talent acquisition (job postings, job fairs, etc.), employee communications presentations (QBRs, etc.), and culture committee activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline such as advertising, marketing, communications, design or other related field
• Salesforce/CRM helpful
Yrs & Type of Experience
• 5-7 years of relevant experience is required, management, customer sup Minimum 5 years of relevant professional communications, design, art direction experience leading and supervising creative talent in an agency, marketing services group or in-house corporate setting.
• Expertise in the areas of high-end digital, video and print creative strategy, design and execution. Strong fluency with Adobe Creative Suite; expertise and hands on experience in designing and coding for digital media (CSS/HTML5, flash, etc.).
• Solid business acumen combined with a proven ability for creative thinking and proactive attitude around the development of big ideas, integrated campaigns and new approaches.
• A naturally collaborative style that inspires teams to do their best work and a communications style and executive presence that provides value at the executive leadership/strategy level.
• Preference for candidate with a broad portfolio of experience working with advertising sales, brand, consumer marketing and marcom teams and accounts.
• Familiarity with using research and metrics to drive innovation, strategy and execution
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.