- Full Time
At business.com we are looking for a staff writer to create well-researched and reported content that strives to help businesses acquire the knowledge they need to run and advance their careers and businesses and to identify the products and services they need. This role requires excellent writing, research and organizational skills, knowledge of business products and services, and a curious, journalistic mind.
In this role, you will get to:
- Research and develop expertise in a handful of business product/service categories
- Go undercover to gather information about the customer service offered to small businesses
- Write product and service reviews and determine best picks in those categories
- Interview and profile small business owners who are making a difference and disrupting various industries
- Offer small business owners actionable advice on how to improve and grow their businesses and careers through evergreen feature stories
- Engage with the business.com community to foster a collaborative and nurturing environment that promotes comments
- Represent the business.com brand via personal social media platforms in a professional and approachable manner
- Work with a collaborative and energetic team in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy a competitive salary and full benefits package, including health, dental, vision, 401(k) and unlimited PTO
- Extraordinary journalistic writing and research experience
- Discerning judgment when offering buying advice and product reviews
- Exceptional problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- An unquenchable curiosity to learn about all things small business
- The ability to inspire and work collaboratively with multiple areas of the business to execute consistently, rapidly and effectively
- A flexibility to try new things, and a desire to improve the reader’s experience
We’re always looking for talented people at all seniority levels to join our team and work with them to shape their role. If you like the sound of this opportunity, apply to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter that identifies why you think this is the job for you.
Business.com is a comprehensive resource for small and medium-sized businesses who want to start, run or grow their business. Backed by a community of experts, our platform is designed to connect small business owners, industry experts, and vendors through a wide array of services, tools, and insights. Our vast SMB network is complemented by offerings such as BuyerZone, a service that connects educated buyers looking to save time and money on their important business purchases with select sellers at the time they are ready to do business and Businessnewsdaily.com,a news and information resource to help entrepreneurs build their businesses and make smart decisions about products, services and ideas. At business.com, we genuinely care about providing a service that helps people connect to their opportunities.