The Advertising Sales Coordinator is key member of our Advertising Sales Team and plays an important role with the success of client business in his/her district. This person supports and collaborates with multiple sales reps on various projects including client proposals & projects for MNI's print, digital and mobile advertising solutions.
The Advertising Sales Coordinator manages sales & marketing materials for media kits, presentations, media marketing & research and advertising proposals to clients, for both advertising agencies and clients direct.
This position offers the opportunity to work with internal departments such as the Digital Media Group and Marketing, in addition to the Account Executives they would support in their district.
It also includes being the first face/voice of MNI for inbound client phone calls with a friendly and courteous manner, as well as being the sales rep backup when they are on calls-knowing how to source materials from salesforce and internal departments. This person is a self-starter and can work well independently.
This role also manages details of client events & entertaining as well as any industry events. This includes outreach to prospective vendors and venues, and taking the lead, in fact, owning the process of negotiating rates and contracts, drafting proposals for food and beverage orders, and developing new ideas for entertaining clients, in addition to managing T&E expenses for Account Executives.Responsibilities include: inbound customer calls, assisting in the creation of sales materials, facilitating large customer mailings and follow-up letters, generating reports on advertising performance, general office management and administrative work, and customer meeting support.
The ideal candidate is self-starter with a high level of initiative with experience in supporting a sales organization.
Must be able to prioritize and work effectively and efficiently under multiple and often conflicting deadlines.
Must be able to multi-task and work under strict deadlines
The position requires someone who is proactive and able to anticipate required action, when needed, for successful resolution/result. II. Essential Job FunctionsWeight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results75%
Provides support to the sales team (all account executives for your district). Including customer correspondence, working on RFP's, gathering pertinent data as requested by the account executive staff. Help the sellers prepare for sales calls, run advertiser history reports from our internal system, utilize sales-based software for prospecting reports, create online traffic deliverability reports for all accounts two times per month, complete competitive spending reports,15%
Interfaces with client/ agency staff of advertisers for post insertion order communication, including follow-up from sales calls to deliver requested information.10%
Maintain all ad seller/customer client databases and account lists. III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.Education:College degree preferred (and/or equivalent, relevant work experience). Experience:1-2 years in a support role within a sales & customer service organization, preferable within the media & marketing industry. Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Business development specialist with a proven track record of developing and growing a client base and agency relationships. This includes; prospecting, lead generation, and deep relationship development throughout an organization.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Time management, business acumen and a strong work ethic are a must.
- Solid computer skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce; knowledge of Nielsen, ComScore and Scarborough a plus.
- Creative, compelling and persuasive communication style
- Proven track record of learning new skills & products as well as thriving in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, competitive, fast-paced environment.
- Good customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Self-starter who can work independently and adapt quickly to different situations.
- Valid US driver's license is required.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 10% (approximate)
Location: Chicago, IL