Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Nature Research Group a part of Springer Nature is in search for a seasoned advertising sales representative for its New York Office. As an Account Manager, you will play an important role in the development of our display advertising sales activities. Reporting into the Sales Manager, you will work closely with the regional sales team to sell advertising space across our broad portfolio of market-leading print and online scientific and medical publications. Focused on consultative sales techniques and a solutions based approach, you will learn how to build and develop strong sales networks working directly with clients and agencies.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates should have 5+ years’ experience in advertising sales
- Ability to drive new sales and establish relationships with client and agencies.
- Results oriented, competitive and able to rapidly assimilate information.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages.
- Proficient in Salesforce and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Comfortable with travel (approximately 20%).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.