Financial Data Analyst IV
5 days left
- Full Time
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
The Financial Data Analyst IV is responsible for ingesting, cleaning, mining and transforming data. They also build and validate metrics, monitor data quality, analyze various forms of data (e.g. raw data, base data, 3rd party data, metrics, builds dashboards), provide reports and interpret results. Measures and assesses the effectiveness of investments and processes using data analysis, modeling, and optimization techniques. The ideal candidate for this position should have experience with data integration technologies (e.g. ETL, Informatica, Alteryx, Tableau Prep), analytics platforms (e.g. OBIEE, Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView), data modeling and data warehouse design in various technologies (RDBMS, Oracle, SQLServer)
- Conducts research and analysis of financial data needed in supporting clients; to provide informed recommendations to leadership across CCI in setting and realizing financial objectives and identifies emerging financial trends.
- Build and maintain Tableau dashboards and provide visualization solutions
- Automate manual processes into repeatable capabilities
- Leads data collection, cleansing, and validation.
- Develops, maintains, and provides historical and prospective financial information and analyses.
- Leads the development of project milestones and alignment with stakeholder needs and departmental processes and operational policies.
- Leads the development of complex statistical models and quantitative analyses.
- Initiates the identification and translation of analytical results into meaningful and actionable insights and provide business recommendations.
- Creates, tests, distributes and tracks financial models, reports and dashboards. Recommends and implements changes; analyzes and reviews submitted data and resolves questions and/or problems.
- Perform data engineering design and implementations including data ingestion, data models, and data monitoring
- Operationalize key findings, insights and recommendations. Develops tools to speed and automate the production of dashboards, complex models, and analyses. Supports training, communication and development of new policies. Drives project milestones to completion.
- 8 or more years of experience required in related field (developing and implementing analytical solutions in Finance, Marketing, Sales or Operations); OR 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
- Requires advanced skills and experience with software/languages/tools; e.g., SQL, Tableau, R, Python, Java, Visual Basic, Hive, Spark, Scala, C++, SAS, etc.
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- BS/BA degree in quantitative related discipline strongly desired (statistics, QM, Computer Science, Economics, Analytics, etc.)
- Advanced degree in Business, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or other analysis related fields preferred.
- Certification in CAP (Certified Analytics Professional) and/or SAS Foundation Certifications (Certified Base Programmer or Advanced Programmer).
- Working on cross-functional analytical projects.
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling and data warehousing
- Experience within telecom, consumer package goods, retail, financial services, or consulting industries.
- Econometric and statistical modeling and machine learning methodology.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.