- Full Time
Be a part of Omaha’s News Leader, KETV NewsWatch 7, and work in one of the most unique broadcasting facilities in the nation, the historic 7 Burlington Station. Located just south of downtown’s Old Market entertainment district, KETV is the #1 source for local news in Omaha and one of the top ABC affiliates in the country. Omaha is the hidden gem in America’s heartland. We may be known for our Zoo and the College World Series . . . but when you explore the city you’ll find so much more to do. There’s a reason Omaha is constantly ranked as one of the best and most affordable places to live.
KETV has an opening for a Production Assistant to run teleprompter. We are looking for an energetic team player who can work all hours scheduled including early mornings, weekends and holidays. This person will be responsible for operating teleprompter during live broadcasts and recorded post-production sessions. Must have good technical aptitude and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, assisting the news department, and other duties as assigned. Training will be provided. This is an ideal learning experience for someone interested in a career in broadcasting.
- Set up teleprompter equipment for air.
- Operation of Lighting board.
- Operation of teleprompter on air.
- Video cueing during newscasts.
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
- Floor Directing during newscast.
- Assist the directors as needed.
- Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
- Videography experience helpful.
- Related military experience will be considered
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including about 12-18 hours per week.
- No post high school education required, but class work in broadcast production preferred.
- High School Diploma; completion of college level technical & editing classes a plus.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.