Account Executive (KTLM)
Location: McAllen, Texas
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Generate revenue to the station and its web/digital product from both traditional and non-traditional prospects in the Rio Grande Valley market.
• Prospect new business from non-traditional sources such as newspaper, direct mail, radio and coop vendor programs
• Create customized solutions that will satisfy client’s marketing needs and generate revenue for the station
• Participate in the station events
• Handle all aspects of local accounts
• Maintain and grow local existing accounts
• Minimum 2 years of experience in broadcast media sales, business development and/or direct sales environment
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in McAllen, Texas
Desired Characteristics :
• Experience in designing creative solutions to meet client's needs.
• You have created and facilitated sales pitches that articulate a custom solution to client needs and station benefits
• Qualified candidates should have self-motivation, resourcefulness and creativity
• Working knowledge of broadcast ratings and research preferred
• Ability to handle deadline pressure
• Should be a team player, willing to share knowledge and affect team growth
• Strong platform skills and very solid selling skills.
• Internet experience and knowledge of its workings preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.