The Director, Brand Management for the Direct-To-Consumer US OTT technology organization is a seasoned professional who will partner with the NBCU digital brands & businesses on a regular basis to consult and amplify brand strategy, product vision, features, and roadmap. The role will function as the brand conduit to the US OTT Team as long-range plans are developed. The partnership with the brands will include driving business priorities, managing expectations and trade-offs related to implementation and aligning brand roadmaps with US OTT technology platforms. The ideal candidate will have the pulse of market trends while guiding the development of world-class digital capabilities. Responsibilities Serve as the ambassador to brands for the US OTT organizationAnticipate brand & business needs; have a strong understanding of current and future technology trendsCollaborate with various Product & Program Managers in developing an overall product vision and execution strategyConsult with senior leadership to ensure strategic alignment of a portfolio of projects and multiple business units’ strategy and objectivesManage requirement intake, business case development, and prioritization based on ROI, market timelines, project plans, and budgetsSocialize new requirements across brands to determine synergies, efficiencies, and reusability of technologyWork with multiple teams on cross-functional prioritization, communications, and risk managementPrioritize projects and estimate the impact of new or modified services in terms of cost, capacity, contingency, infrastructure, and one-time vs. ongoing resourcesOwn communications and updates to business/brand stakeholders as well as executive leadership teamsCollaborate with finance teams to develop and implement a costing and charge back methodology; maintain fiscal discipline for teamNegotiate priorities and timelines on behalf of the brands with multiple stakeholdersBasic Qualifications
- Minimum five (5) years of hands-on experience with emerging media technology products and project management
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a role demonstrating strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience working in the media or entertainment industry
- Experience developing business cases and quantifying ROI and benefits from technology products and services
- Experience with the Agile methodology and process
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with business stakeholders and technology teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Knowledge of market trends and leaders in the digital media space
- Experience in product development, including requirements analysis, specification development, user design and implementation
- Experience in enabling customer workflows and operations
- Experience managing large, complex initiatives to on-time completion in large matrixed organizations
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Self-Starter able to ramp up quickly and be comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- Passion to learn new models, programs, organizations, and systems
- Ability to excel in ambiguous, dynamic, changing, and extremely challenging environment
- Results oriented natural leader who can attract, motivate and inspire top talent
- A change agent who embraces change eagerly, breaks new ground, and is contemptuous of the status quo. Strives to make our technology ‘best in class’ – welcoming new approaches and thinking when it comes to digital systems and products
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.