The Director, Performance Engineering will be part of the Performance & Reliability team supporting ongoing operations of the streaming service. The Director will oversee a team of experts in end-to-end and performance testing, with extensive knowledge of highly-scalable software systems, who will be responsible for monitoring the performance and availability of all platforms and services utilized by the streaming service. Responsibilities Manage a team of engineers responsible for monitoring and performance testing the direct-to-consumer platform and all associated software componentsWork with other leaders in the Performance & Reliability group to ensure that all production systems are properly tested and any identified issues remediatedCollaborate with the development and engineering groups to track changes to software and systems that might impact performance and provide guidance on best practices and techniques for building to scaleWork with PMO and Product organization to understand KPIs, usage patterns, and business objectives and ensure that performance tests reflectEstablish reports & dashboards to report performance tests and metrics to development teams as well as technical and business leadershipBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years management experience
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience managing large-scale digital software systems
- Expertise in performance test design & analysis
- Deep knowledge of test tools such as Gatling and Apache JMeter
- Experience in digital media or direct-to-consumer video business highly preferred
- Expertise in high-availability software patterns and performance testing
- Deep understanding of Dev Ops best practices, including Continuous Delivery
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to travel as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Understanding of Agile development best practices
- Passionate technologist with a broad set of experiences around software development, testing, design, and architecture
- Commitment to building and leading a world-class team of technologists, with demonstrated experience mentoring and growing engineering teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.